Welcome New Member
- Sara Cleveland has been attending our services and participating in Food for Thought for some time. We welcome her joining our community as a member.
High Holy Days
- Services will be hybrid, both in person outdoors in the courtyard, and on Zoom. Services will be structured similar to last year’s. Attendees are asked to make reservations with the office, whether planning to attend in-person or online.
- A packet of information will be sent to each member. For safety, all attendees must be vaccinated and wear masks. People are encouraged to send their vaccination information to Louise Snitz. Children under 12 must have negative Covid test within 72 hours, and parents should contact the office so appropriate measures can be taken.
- Volunteers are needed for set-up and for greeters.
- We are hiring the tech people who facilitated our services last year to help again this year.
- Marketing Committee has publicized High Holy Days and Religious School.
- Religious School is planned to be outside. If air quality becomes an issue, parents will be notified that classes will be on Zoom.
Food for Thought
- Food for Thought has received a 501(c)3 number as an independent nonprofit corporation, separate from the Temple, and has started to contact organizations that they could not contact previously as a religious organization.
- Donations in honor of Mel and Judy Feder’s wedding have reached $4,400. Donations are still going through the Temple, since Food for Thought does not yet have a bank account separate from the Temple.
- Food for Thought is working on storing program information on a Google Drive.
Building and Grounds
- We expect the installation of high speed internet in the rest of the building this week.
- The Montessori School has signed a new contract and expects to reopen in September. The Chinese Church is delaying reopening at this time.
- Our furnaces are almost 60 years old and may not last much longer. We have one estimate for replacement. We plan to get additional estimates.
- Since High Holy Day services will be outside, we do not need HEPA air filters at this time. The replacement furnaces will include advanced filtration. We will consider air filters for the Religious School classrooms.
- Board members began the process of sharing information about themselves.