Welcome New Member
- Lucinda Casson has joined us as our newest member. She has been attending our Zoom services this year, and we are happy to have her join us.
- Plan to create Board member materials for new Board members and schedule Board orientation.
- Reopening Committee has updated guidelines. We need to follow up on technology needs to enable us to Zoom services, and we need to service our HVAC system and air filters.
Marketing Committee will begin to publicize:
- High Holy Day services, which hopefully will be both in-person and online.
- Religious School tentatively planned to start Sunday, September 12, mostly outside to begin with, with regular re-evaluations. A video of the mensch awards has been sent out.
- We continue to have a deficit and expect it to increase by the end of the fiscal year, since we have lost significant amounts of rental income.
- We are likely to have a deficit again in the next fiscal year, since our rental income and other factors are uncertain. We have spent a considerable amount of our assets this year, and if this continues, we will have to re-evaluate the situation.
Food for Thought
- Food for Thought is planning to apply to be an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, which would make it separate from the Temple. This would give it more control over financial issues and enable increased fund-raising, since it would not be a religious organization.
Building and Grounds
- We now have high speed internet in the office. We are working to determine what speed we need and to extend it to other areas of the buildings.
Thank you to Jane Kemp for her service on the Board.