During the Coronavirus crisis, TBH is moving many of its activities online.
Zoom enables participants to:
- See and hear everyone who joins
- See anything the presenter shares (a screen, a document)
- Chat with others on the call
- Speak if you want to, and have everyone hear what you say
- Share your webcam video if you want to, and have everyone see you
What do I need?
You can join either with your computer or your phone.
- Connection to the Internet
- A way to listen: speakers or headphones
- A webcam (optional, unless you want to be seen)
- Download and install Zoom.
- Ideally, connection to the Internet
- If you have a smartphone, download the Zoom application for your device from Google Play or the Apple App Store
- You can also dial directly into the meeting
How do I join a service, class, or meeting?
- On your computer or phone, click the invitation link.
- If it is the first time you have joined a Zoom meeting, you will be asked to download the application.
- The meeting will open in a different window.
When you join, you will be using your computer or your phone’s audio and you’ll be on mute. You can take yourself off mute, but be careful you don’t forget! If you are doing something noisy that isn’t part of the meeting, you probably want to be muted.
Call in: If you like, you can call in instead. Instructions on how to do so will be on the screen.
Note: Sometimes the audio might cut out, or the screen might appear to be frozen. These problems occur when there is limited bandwidth, either on your side or the speaker. Please be patient!
It’s nice to see people’s faces! You can enable your webcam if you like.
Need more information? Check out these videos:
Joining a Zoom meeting is quick and easy! Discover the options for joining meetings based on your requirements and to ensure the best meeting experience possible.
Learn the options for joining and configuring Zoom’s audio and video settings.
Get a quick introduction to the basic meeting controls available on Zoom calls.